Monday, November 19, 2007

Coming Together

Something last week just clicked for me. May have been the conversation Louise and I had in a coaching session (probably had a lot to do with it).

My shoulders are a little lighter, my mind a little clearer, my vision a little bigger.

I feel like I'm back to who I know I am. Who I've come to be, after being 'away' let's say. I think we all can get caught up at times, being pulled in many directions from many different people.

It isn't about other people doing it to you, it is about learning where to draw the line in the sand... Where to say No.

Or having the power and clarity to change your mind when you no longer feel you can do what you are doing, in a healthy manner.

Knowing that saying No does not mean I am not good enough to do it. Saying No, does not make me a bitch or lazy.

Saying No means, I want to do the quality of work I know I can do. Saying No is how I know how to do it... I need space and room for my creativity to happen, taking on another task compromises this.

Allowing yourself to know they truth that lies deep within yourself. Truth that may be difficult or scary to consider let alone accept, because of the implications you have imagined are attached to them.

Knowing that truth, having it in your awareness, and knowing there is nothing you have to do about it, if you don't want to... simply know it.

That in itself provides a different type of clarity and vision.

It's all coming together. Piece by piece, insight by insight, awareness and thoughts, allowing me to come together and be.

Life is good... there is always more.

1 comment:

John van Gurp said...

It's a life-defining moment when you realize you have the power of no. For some of us it feels natural to always want to please otheres. Then what happens is people start giving handfuls of their shit.

"Here, take my shit. It makes me feel important to dump it in your lap."

"No".

No is a powerful thing to possess.

Use it wisely:-)

Cheers, John