Sunday, February 04, 2007

Consciously Choosing

Living as an optimist in a pessimistic family.

As I'm choosing to live each minute of each day knowing I create my future I find for the most part I am positive and aware of my words, attitude and energies. And I choose to live and share my life with a pessimist (he would say realist, which technically is accurate because that is the reality he chooses to create for himself).

At times Mike chooses to live in a victim state of mind, he will get excited and feel positive for something good that might happen and then waits for others to manifest this idea into a reality for him. When it doesn't happen right away the the negative speaking begins "it won't happen" or "with my luck it's not likely"... how frustrating it is for me to listen to this when I now know how easy it is to create the future you want by choosing in every moment. Choices that will support that future. And now I wonder why I keep silent.

Is it because he has made vocal his wishes not to "be" changed. I don't want to change him. I do wish he'd wake up to the real power that we all have... choice. Consciously choosing. It's much different than just choosing. By consciously choosing we can no longer be victim to circumstance... to shitty luck. Our choice is what is driving the outcome that becomes our reality and by being conscious while choosing we own it.

And I recognize now I am consciously choosing not to engage tonight with Mike about my insights... timing is also an important factor and Super Bowl Sunday just isn't the time.

Until tomorrow... there is always more... life is good.

No comments: