Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Being Grounded (in the good way)

Today I had my first real experience "being" coach. In my past coaching experiences I thought I was "being coach" and today I realized I was not.

Before my coaching session today I took some time to write in my journal. I noticed that I didn't bring my ITS book with me (with all the models). I always brought that with me to my coaching sessions and not bringing it to my session today made me become curious.

I wrote about that... wondering why I didn't bring it with me, musing that perhaps this time I "know" I am resourceful enough and don't necessarily need it any more. I was excited to see just how my coaching session was going to unfold.

And as I mentioned today was the first day I was "Being Coach" (refer to Gwen McCauley's Article "On Being Coach")

At the beginning of our session we both did the White Feather to become grounded in our bodies and in doing so my experience was so much more.

I know that my being fully present and grounded just added to both our experience during the coaching session, and my client (co-worker, friend) was really happy with the things we touched on, discovered and moved through.

Being grounded certainly makes all the difference. Creating the space for yourself to be aware of what is moving through you, and pay attention to what comes up. It was my experience today that the things that were coming up for me where the things that my coaching client needed to hear.

What a fantastic feeling! And so simple... stay grounded.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring... life is good... and there is always more!

No comments: