Friday, January 26, 2007

Calling All Women... so to speak

Today I was scheduled to have lunch with a dear friend of mine and I put out an e-mail to another 3 women, subject line "Calling all McKelvies Sluts" as some of them have dubbed themselves for eating there too often.

All of the women decided to come out today to lunch. And what deep conversations emerged from out table today. There were many invitations for me to consider different aspects of my life. Some conversations I would have found too horrific to even listen to before now. Yet I was able to listen and see the energy in everyone/thing the women around me were speaking of.

When I started my journey this past year of reclaiming my voice and finding my authentic self, I would listen to those who were guiding / facilitating a program I was going through. I can remember one time (and I'm not sure who it was with) I was presented with the notion to call up the most "horrific" or "disgusting" thing we could fathom. Then to imagine working with a client who revealed that they partook in whatever it was you found "horrific"… would you still be able to see their brilliance?

I didn't think I would have ever been able to, not at the time the question was posed. After today's lunch I feel inside I could very well engage with someone if they came up on my holodeck in a coaching experience. I feel inside I would still be able to see their brilliance, although they may not even know it exists.

One of the women at the table commented on the energy at our table, she said she could stay here for hours on end and just continue this conversation in this energy. I leaned over an whispered to her, this is what my coffees are like, you are welcome anytime.

The power of choice is amazing...

Man, Life is Good!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori, you have always been an amazing person but over the past year the old you has been falling away to finally reveal this amazing soul! I feel honoured to be around you, I feel so very connected to you and want so much happiness for you. You are truly brillant, you shine and sparkle like light on water when you talk about your family and it warms my heart at the depths of your love for them. I am so glad you are in my life.

Laura : )