Thursday, January 25, 2007

Invitations are Everywhere

Seeing as the information from last nights incident is still processing through me and seeing as I know that everything that happens in my life is an invitation for me to learn something about myself, I keep going back and reading about the emotions I was going through during last nights incident.

I know I have evolved as a parent this past year, being more conscious of how I engage with my daughters, I am also aware that I will continue to evolve as a parent until I no longer have to "parent" my adult children.

I am very aware of a huge invitation for me as I once again reread my entry "The Lioness Emerges". The very last statement I made: "My tears are flowing now as I think the thing that is resonating the most is how we doubt our children's truth... yet it is often the most clear out of all the "truths" out there."

And now I reflect on just how many times I doubt my daughters truth, that I question her word, or say "I don't think that's the whole story".

And I am going to be more conscious of just how I engage in conversations with her now. So she will know that I will take her for her word and support her in her actions.

No comments: