Friday, January 26, 2007

Global Community

Every day I check my clustermap on my blog to see just where in the world people are reading from.

My first blip outside of North America was from the Rio De Janeiro area of Brazil. How exciting I think to myself.

As days go by more and more dots appear on the map. Starting in Canada, to the United States, to Brazil, to Germany, to France, to Indonesia, to Norway (or Finland), to China, to England; all little blips representing at least on person reading my words in each of these countries.

Wow, I think to myself, that is pretty huge.

And then today rolls along... today I realized I was not believing in my self, not trusting in my own god force.

Today one of those blips in the world grew. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. And I stopped and took a breath... was this right? Surely there is an error.

You see although I felt good about seeing all these readers pop up in the world, deep down inside of me I heard my parents telling me not to get too big for my britches. So deep inside I chalked all of this map activity up to people just randomly browsing... not really reading my words.

This growth in Brazil tells me different. This tells me that there really are people out there reading my words, perhaps of like mind, perhaps knowing there is more to our lives then we are let to believe.

And it still amazes me how deeply the words of our family, church, school, daycare providers whoever, stick with us well into adulthood. Rearing it's ugly head up at the most in opportune times. Until we wake up to the brilliance we know is us... the real authentic us... and we can begin to shed those imposed belief, values and attitudes, those imposed definitions of self and pause... take a breath... and become curious... is there more? Am I more?

The answer is deep inside of us, we know it is yes... we are so much more than we will ever dream of believing...

Life is good... life is grand... this weekend is going to hold alot of movement... Emerging Futures... in an instant... Much, much more coming on this over the weekend... keep reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori
You are a force to be reckoned with! Thanks for sending me the site, I will check it from time to time. I wish you and your family all the best. Enjoy all that you're discovering and thanks for your positive energy(ies).
Sarah

zeezee said...

yep, u do hv reader from Rio de Janeiro, n dats me. =)