Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Signals/Avatars, Mortality/Immortality

I’m having lots of thoughts this morning about signal # 1 and avatars. These thoughts are coming out in my e-mails to others, and were initially brought up by Louise’s blog entry Addiction and Surrender.

An e-mail conversation with a friend brought up the notions of mortality and immortality into my awareness.

I believe that the god force that we are, our signal # 1, our Spirit, our Energy, our Soul, whatever you might call it, is immortal.

You can see this in different areas of our culture that speak of the afterlife, reincarnation, angels, spirits, and ghosts. It is a common belief in most cultures that when a person dies, their spirit goes else where. Something leaves the body, to do what varies from culture to culture, religion to religion, country to country.

What is interesting to me is that so many of us are taught that this thing (spirit, energy, soul, signal) is separate from us… that is something bestowed upon us by some higher power. That “it” is not us.

This general consensus allows for the victim mentality to come in. This consensus allows for blame to come in. This consensus allows for feelings of helplessness, feelings of loss of control and being at the mercy of “something else”.

What we need to recognize is that our signal, energy, spirit or soul IS us. I am not my body, I am not a victim to circumstances, I am not a victim of my DNA.

I am not a victim of anything, being a victim implies it is someone else who is in control; that is not who I choose to be in my world anymore.

I for years I allowed my culturally conditioned self to believe that I was existing, waiting for the divine plan to be revealed to me so I could have some feeling of worth and meaning to my life. I allowed myself to believe that whatever happens to me, happened for a reason, who am I to question it.

This no longer serves me. I have taken full responsibility and ownership for my life. I know that this body (is like an avatar) is mortal, but who I AM (signal, spirit, energy, soul) is immortal.

I am this force, which does not rely on others to tell me how to live my life. I am this force, which will shape my future. I have the power of choice and I choose in every instant.

I choose therefore I am in control of my SELF. By being aware of my authentic self and living my life as I feel I need to, I can create, I can be present, I can engage in life; a life I find meaningful to me.

This is what this morning brought to me… and there is always more.

No comments: